INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE AWARDS
Independent Bookstore of the Year Award- OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The IAM Independent Bookstore of the Year Award Nominations begins on November 5th 12:00 AM EST, and ends on December 15th 12:00 AM EST. The nominees will be announced on December 20th, with Voting to begin January 1, 2018 12:00 AM EST, and ending on March 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EST.
The sponsor of this contest is Indie Authors Monthly. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Nominations may be submitted by independent bookstore owners, employees, or general public residents who are at least 18 years of age. Eligible independent bookstores for this competition are defined as a privately owned establishment with a physical or online presence. Physical presence must consist of no more than 3 physical locations. While eligible to nominate unaffiliated bookstores, Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees, are ineligible to enter the contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. "Household Members" shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate Family Members" shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Grand Prize: 1 winner will receive a free feature article in the April edition of Indie Authors Monthly, a winners seal to be used for promotional purposes, and a certificate stating their honor as IAM Independent Bookstore of the Year and a free full-page ad in the magazine for a year (ARV= $2760).
Voter Prize: 1 winner will receive three (3) free e-books in the genre of their choosing from Independent authors who have gifted these prizes.
Only one prize per bookstore and per voter household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This contest is open internationally. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Contest during the Promotion Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found on the following website at
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant's Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Contest.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Contest will be selected via voting process of nominated bookstores. Voting will open at on 1/1/18 at 12 AM EST and closing 3/1/18 11:59 PM EST. Eligible voters include bookstore owners and employees and general public residents of 18 years or older. 1 vote per day per IP address is permitted. Automated or robotic votes by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any attempt by a contestant to obtain more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will void contestant’s entries and that contestant will be disqualified. The winner will be determined by the bookstore with the most votes after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information approximately 24-48 hours after votes have been tallied. Potential Winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 72 hours of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
7. PRIVACY: By entering the Contest, you grant Sponsor permission to share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other contest Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Contest; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Contest; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant's or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Contest or download of any materials in the Contest.
If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Contest.
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner Announcement or a copy of these Official Rules, you may visit to obtain them. The nominee and winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
11. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR:
Indie Authors Monthly